The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: magnoli-oli-olia

The Pancake Chronicles

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

magnoli-oli-olia

© Colleen Hilman
Near my home is a tree.

© Colleen Hilman
A tree so beautiful it makes me inhale a sharp little eeee which makes me glad ...

© Colleen Hilman
... glad I'm not chewing gum at the time of said sharp little eeee.

© Colleen Hilman
The tree is in the yard of someone whose door I knocked upon, asking could I please take photos?

© Colleen Hilman
Of course, you can! Anytime! was the homeowner's generous reply. They've had numerous passerbys compliment them on the beauty of their tree, a tree that has been a part of the town's landscape for many years.

© Colleen Hilman
I know I'll be back to watch origami petals unfold into spring.

© Colleen Hilman

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Dee said...

The Magnolia is my favourite flower. I have a lovely oil painting of this flower on my wall; everyone admires it. If you can get to 'Cothele', (a National Trust property on the border of Devon and Cornwall) this spring, then please do: it has the most beautiful Magnolia trees I have ever seen.

24 March 2010 at 02:24  
Blogger Karyn said...

Oh, my - that last photo gave me my very own "eeeee"!!! There is nothing more beautiful than a beautiful tree. Nothing, I tell you!

24 March 2010 at 22:08  
Blogger Sonya said...

Thank you for sharing such beauty.

25 March 2010 at 23:38  
Blogger villagegirl said...

hands down one of my favourite trees in the world! So, so beautiful. Such beautiful pictures. I could stare all day. :)

27 March 2010 at 08:58  

any questions?

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home