The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: of things big and small

The Pancake Chronicles

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

of things big and small

© Colleen Hilman
I stood still and let the loveliness of the evening flow through me like music ... and thought of many, many beautiful things - of wild free brooks running through starlit April fields - of rippled grey-satin seas - of the grace of an elm against the moonlight - of roots stirring and thrilling in the earth - owls laughing in darkness - a curl of foam on a long sandy sore - a young moon setting over a dark hill - the grey of gulf storms.”

L. M. Montgomery - Emily Climbs

3 Comments:

Anonymous Captain Cat said...

That sent shivers down my spine it's so lovely. What exquisite writing, a grounding earthy paragraph to remind me of the beauty of the world when I needed it most. Again Colleen, thank you for being here and for being who you are and for sharing your beautiful soul with us.

14 April 2010 at 12:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had me before I even read the quote. All I saw was the "L.M." and I was sold.

14 April 2010 at 13:36  
Blogger Nan said...

That was so wonderful! I haven't read any of the Emily books, and I should! Great picture, too.

15 April 2010 at 17:08  

any questions?

<< Home