The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: it's been a blur

The Pancake Chronicles

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

it's been a blur

© Colleen Hilman
It has been a blur. Yesterday was full of wind, ocean spray, hair tangles, sandy jeans and large blocks of cheddar. The day before involved a beautiful mansion with a view of the city, cheese fondue and bread and sausage and beer and all the happy German in me. I predict more cheese for today but really I'm only hoping.
Mark and I have been spending time in Washington and Oregon with family who happen to be friends and it's good when it's both. Every night we go to bed late and each morning we wake refreshed with breakfast and the outdoors on our minds. It's been raining piles, real rain that doesn't pretend it'll make you wet but puts all your rain gear to good use and makes you wonder why you bothered doing your hair.
I think I love rain like that more than any other sort of weather. If I had to pick it would be rain on my desert island. With a jar of honey. A little cheese. And Mark. He could bring the canoe and the odd sunny day for special occasions. It would be paradise!

3 Comments:

Blogger villagegirl said...

That all sounds fantastic! mmmm....more cheese please!! :)

19 May 2010 at 11:50  
Blogger Scrapnqueen said...

Girl, you have a gift for making me giggle.

And I needed that today.

So, thanks.

24 May 2010 at 22:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the words "ocean spray". I hope to experience some ocean spray myself next week!

2 June 2010 at 15:57  

any questions?

<< Home