The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: hello, NT

The Pancake Chronicles

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

hello, NT

© Colleen Hilman
Exit light, enter night! This photo was taken from our Yellowknife hotel window at midnight, the sun having set only 20 minutes prior. Thank goodness for blackout curtains is what I say! Weird to think that we're now beginning the official down swing into shorter days. We arrived last night and will be spending the next six weeks here before we can move into our apartment. But! We have a kitchen with a full oven and fridge, cupboards stocked with dishes and all the basics for making meals which is more than I'd expected so we are grateful. I'm desperately tired as I write this, feeling the tilt-a-whirl affect of having moved so darn quickly. Slowly and surely this will be home again.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Captain Cat said...

Oh welcome home!! I can't wait to read about Yellowknife again, how it's changed and how it's the same and how you're reconnecting and how you feel to be back there. Or maybe just see your photos. Before you can start all that, you need some rest. Sleep well. x

23 June 2010 at 11:40  
Blogger Sarah said...

BEAUTIFUL!

23 June 2010 at 13:19  
Blogger Monika said...

It was so nice Skyping with you today! I look forward to reading all your stories from Yellowknife again too. And seeing your awesome pictures!

23 June 2010 at 17:00  
Blogger Erin said...

Gorgeous photo - you have such an eye for beauty!

23 June 2010 at 19:02  
Blogger jenna said...

):
your pretty picture makes me sad.
I hope you're happy. -that sounds like an angry 5 year old. but i really do hope you're happy.
):

24 June 2010 at 10:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy shmapola! That was fast! ;O

Moved quickly is an understatement, though I am sure you have known for much longer than me!

And yes, $2.15 for an avocado IS a bit much! hee hee

Can you swing by LL and give my favorite MIL a hug or two??

XOXO

Kel

24 June 2010 at 23:43  
Blogger Nan said...

Oh, the beauty! It's worth being tired to see such a thing. Whew. I'm almost as happy about you being there as if I were there to greet you. Isn't that strange? :<)

25 June 2010 at 10:51  
Blogger Scrapnqueen said...

Sometimes very slowly. It will be easier once you are in a place to call your own, and can start surrounding yourself with your own familiar things again.

Curious--what time was it in the photo?

25 June 2010 at 11:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a stunning photo!

I'm glad to hear of your safe arrival back in Yellowknife. I can't wait to see pictures of your new place once you move in.

28 June 2010 at 10:05  

any questions?

<< Home