The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: forgiven

The Pancake Chronicles

Friday, July 02, 2010

forgiven

© Colleen Hilman
Meet the Sandwich. Yes, the Sandwich. (Sandwich, People. People, Sandwich.) This is the sandwich that set me back close to $50. This is the sandwich who's cheese I was overcharged for which I didn't notice until I was home. The sandwich that I forgot to put my $2.15 avocado into. The very sandwich that launched me back into life in the Knife. Here he is in all his glory!
He was delicious and he better have been for all he cost me. To his credit, however, just before I ate him he looked me in the face ...

© Colleen Hilman
... and apologized.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger villagegirl said...

That is hilarious! I mean the face, not the dollar amount. Because plainly, that is not.
He does have quite a sorrowful look on him, doesn't he? :)

2 July 2010 at 08:14  
Blogger Sarah said...

I thought this donkey kong sandwich looked pretty happy... Maybe there are many faces in this one!

2 July 2010 at 19:56  
Blogger Colleen said...

Yes! Donkey Kong! And kinda Homer Simpson, too. I like to think it was an apologetic smile. :)

2 July 2010 at 21:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally Donkey Kong!!! Maybe DK crossed with Curious George?? hahahaha! LOVE it as per usual. It better be in "the book" ;)

Kel

3 July 2010 at 00:30  
Blogger Rachel said...

He's daring you to eat him.

3 July 2010 at 15:59  
Anonymous Mama Jan said...

Don't you think the sandwich itself (top pic)looks like a perfect shot of Garfield?.....can anyone else see him???

4 July 2010 at 00:21  
Blogger Scrapnqueen said...

You're amazing. How do you see a face in a piece of bread?

And yet, there it is, plain as can be... now that you mention it!

7 July 2010 at 17:58  
Blogger Colleen said...

Mom, for the life of me I cannot see Garfield. But I wish I could!

9 July 2010 at 00:06  

any questions?

<< Home