The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: midnight malaise

The Pancake Chronicles

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

midnight malaise

© Colleen Hilman
Lately it's been all about the sky. There is something wonderful about stepping out a friend's door at midnight and yet seeing the remains of the day. You heard me, we stayed till midnight. It's hard not to. When my parents visited us one summer my dad remarked, "You have to declare bedtime around here!" It's true. If you don't you'll just keep staying up, wondering why you're sleepy even though you had a nap that afternoon, wondering why you're hungry again after such a big dinner, wondering why you're yawning when it's still light outside. Hey night owl, get to bed! It's tomorrow already and you're in the land of the midnight sun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nan said...

This is just such a fascinating phenomenon to me. I can't imagine it, and I've never seen it, but I get to experience it via your blog, and I thank you.

28 July 2010 at 15:06  

any questions?

<< Home