The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: music

The Pancake Chronicles

Monday, July 19, 2010

music

© Colleen Hilman
'Twas a beautiful day to mess about with boats.
Ahoy, ye life-matey! Are ye marooned upon the mast? Take heed lest ye fall and dance the hempen jig with none to pine for thee!
Oh. Except me. I'd pine.

© Colleen Hilman
Hoist the main!
                          But wait.
                                          Who's that lurking behind the canvas?

© Colleen Hilman
Aha! As I thought! Even the sky is smiling with us and for us because he has been in on this lovely day since the dream hours of the morning.

© Colleen Hilman
Oh sky! ♪ Sing to me a blue song of sunshine and tell the lake and yours so true where hide scallywag fish and seagull ne'er-do-wells! ♪
Or.
Something.

© Colleen Hilman
Loving mercy! He survived. No pining necessary.

© Colleen Hilman
The sails went up and I, with the lull and lilt of water nudges and the sporatic *tingting* of rigging and mast, fought heavy eyes in vain and fell asleep in a moment. What I thought was ten minutes was sixty minutes of pure, dozey, sailboat heaven. Bliss!
 

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

All that sailor-talk reminded me of my old standby.."Avast,ye swabs and walk the plank!" [or is it "swab the poop-deck" ] a job you definitely wouldn't want on Noah's Ark!!

20 July 2010 at 22:26  
Blogger Colleen said...

Definitely an undesirable job! The saying I'd always heard was "go take a long walk on a short plank" for those moments of utmost frustration with another. But it's "funner" to say poop-deck. :)

21 July 2010 at 16:46  
Blogger Scrapnqueen said...

Oh, now I want to go get my sword and scabbard and start looking for treasure!

At least I'll be doing it with a smile on my face.

27 July 2010 at 23:53  

any questions?

<< Home