The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: new digs

The Pancake Chronicles

Monday, August 09, 2010

new digs

© Colleen Hilman
Surprising how a place can feel twice as full of stuff when your home is half the size of the old one! Downsizing - a sheep in wolf's clothing. We are in the thick of moving, exchanging old doors for new ones. Don't let it hit you on the way out, sort of thing. It's a cute little apartment, albeit stuffed to the gills. It has a lovely view of trees and the Canadian shield from every window and we can even see Great Slave Lake from our balcony - the deepest lake in North America and ninth largest lake in the world. I suppose it would be hard not to see given those statistics. Big fish. We're close to downtown so I can walk for groceries. There's a little fireplace. I love the kitchen floor. It has a dishwasher that overflowed this evening. Wait. Wrong list. It has this guy Mark who seems to think he belongs here so I think I'm going to stick around too.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Susan (petiteschoses) said...

congratulations on your new home! may it be cozy and full of love!

9 August 2010 at 01:49  
Blogger Rachel said...

Enjoy making your new apartment into your 'home'. I look forward to more pictures!

9 August 2010 at 08:51  
Blogger jenna said...

I love your list. I miss you.
Can you show us some more of your nice home?

9 August 2010 at 12:55  
Blogger Scrapnqueen said...

YAY! And I can empathize on the downsizing. It's kind of like having growing pains, but in the opposite direction. But, like growing, it takes a while to truly figure out how to store what you want to keep, and figure out what to get rid of.

How big IS that little apartment? Just out of curiosity.

9 August 2010 at 14:36  
Blogger Dickie Chick said...

So happy to hear that you have moved into your new place! I know you will make it the coziest home in the world for you and your man. :o)
Missing you.

13 August 2010 at 08:23  

any questions?

<< Home