The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: I ask you!

The Pancake Chronicles

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I ask you!

© Colleen Hilman
Winter and Autumn are nodding knowingly at each other. I stare down at my flip flops and think who am I fooling? With whole heart accept and move on! But darn it all I will dig in my bare heels and vow that until the snow flies the beach sandals shall remain, nose high, indulgently snubbing accepted norms (rubbing cold toes in secret). How can I move on when it's this beautiful in the world and over the water?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am keeping summer alive in my heart by still roaming around in my flip flops. Although I would guess that it's probably much easier for me as the weather's probably chillier in your neck of the woods.

16 September 2010 at 03:57  
Anonymous Dianne said...

There's a chilly breeze blowing in the opened windows right now and the rain is taking a break for the moment. Me? I'm still roaming around in my flip-flops as well - my favorite Yellow Box red and white polka dot ones!

19 September 2010 at 17:11  

any questions?

<< Home