The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: Plane Crash Island

The Pancake Chronicles

Friday, September 03, 2010

Plane Crash Island

© Colleen Hilman
See? Plane Crash Island.

© Colleen Hilman

© Colleen Hilman
The ground is covered in bright red berries. I wish they were cranberries because all I can say is SCONES, SCONES, SCONES! But they are harmless, non-cranberries so no scones for me.

© Colleen Hilman
This is a cranberry and he is perfect. Fat, northern, autumn cranberry. He is a deeper, richer colour and he and his pals are hiding few and far between the harmless, everywhere, non-cranberries. You have to want them to find them. I found enough to make half of a scone recipe. I just might do it.

© Colleen Hilman
Mark built a rock campfire that was brilliant. The wind was blustery and his fireplace shielded the flames to s'more perfection.

© Colleen Hilman

© Colleen Hilman
Mark sussing out a little lunch.

© Colleen Hilman
Lunch sussed.

© Colleen Hilman

© Colleen Hilman

© Colleen Hilman

© Colleen Hilman
Me taking photos of the loveliness. This is the thing. I feel this side of useless on a camping trip because all I want to do is read and eat oatmeal and nap and take photos of mushrooms and water. Mark builds rock fireplaces and fillets fish for supper and puts up tents and canoes the high lakes and lugs things. I made several cups of tea. Well, and I did put together my first campstove supper so I am that side of proud of myself in some regard. That side, mind you. It's far too soon to be bursting my buttons about anything.

© Colleen Hilman
Who can burst buttons when there's sparkly water to be looked at?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Susan (petiteschoses) said...

Oh your little trip looks SO amazing... and peaceful. And tea making and memory making are very important tasks in the outdoors! ;) Seems like my man does a lot of the heavy work too in the great outdoors so your not alone.

Beautiful photos... thanks for sharing!

3 September 2010 at 02:03  
Blogger Sarah said...

Love, Love, Love!!! Love Love Love Love Love you and your fish susser..

3 September 2010 at 10:20  
Blogger jenna said...

mmm.. beautiful, and lovely, and wonderful. and i love it. I think the fact that you go along with Mark is something to burst your buttons over. There are a lot of ladies that might not do such a thing. I'm glad you guys are enjoying yourselves.

3 September 2010 at 14:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me so jealous!!!! SOOOO JEALOUS! I love the crashed plane!

Happy trails to you :)

XOXO Kel

4 September 2010 at 00:02  
Blogger Dickie Chick said...

Would that scone recipe be a familiar one to me? ;o)

5 September 2010 at 09:07  
Blogger Rachel said...

Once again...beautiful photos!

5 September 2010 at 19:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Capturing memories with photos is a very important part of any adventure. And you do it so well. :)

6 September 2010 at 09:31  

any questions?

<< Home