The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: fat ones, skinny ones, grumpy ones too

The Pancake Chronicles

Friday, September 17, 2010

fat ones, skinny ones, grumpy ones too

© Colleen Hilman

© Colleen Hilman

© Colleen Hilman
It's been an incredible year for mushrooms in Yellowknife.  I hardly know how else to say it.  Long days we always have but it's also been steadily mild, around 20°C (68°F).  And spritzes of rain have come once or twice a week. Long sun, mellow, ever so damp - voila! - MUSHROOMS!  All in wildly different shapes and sizes.

© Colleen Hilman
I LOVE this one! Doesn't the taller mushroom look like the grumpiest mushroom ever?  I've laughed and laughed over him, he is so adorable.  And don't you just hate it when you're really mad about something and someone finds it funny or cute?  It pulls the rug right out from underneath you, sputtering.  The more I laugh at him the grumpier he gets.  I don't blame him but I can't help myself.

© Colleen Hilman
So, so tiny.

© Colleen Hilman
Remember this mushroom?

© Colleen Hilman
To give you some perspective of its size ...

© Colleen Hilman
... Mark's hand ...

© Colleen Hilman
... and mine.

Frisbee anyone?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Nan said...

What a fun, fun posting to come upon this morning, Colleen. I loved it. Especially the grumpy fellow.

17 September 2010 at 09:36  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! Do you see the dog face on the tall white one near the beginning????!!!! It's a giant poodle! His tin face is in the middle of the right hand side, sticking out :)

XO Kel

17 September 2010 at 21:43  
Blogger Colleen said...

I see him! That's awesome, Kel! He's hilarious!

17 September 2010 at 23:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome photos! It never occurred to me how many different kinds of mushrooms there are.

18 September 2010 at 14:45  
Anonymous Krista said...

Awesome mushrooms! I love the little things. They are always so photogenic.

9 October 2010 at 16:09  

any questions?

<< Home