The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: while I'm here this is there

The Pancake Chronicles

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

while I'm here this is there

© Colleen Hilman
      It is beautiful in British Columbia, the front end of autumn, the beginning of the end without all the doom. And I love the green very much but (and I'm not sure I can say this with my own face and believe me) I think I might like the cold blue skies of the north ... more? GAK. Am I ... changing? Is that ... allowed? At the very least I'm making room for the love of more skies than just one. Today I'm missing a northern one.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Melody said...

Coffee?????? Please... or maybe a fall walk?

29 September 2010 at 15:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous photo! I love the fall colors.

29 September 2010 at 15:48  
Blogger Johanna said...

a beautiful photo! In fact all of your photos are beautiful.
I must admit- I've been following your blog for a while now but I don't seem to know exactly where in the "North" you are living. I ask this because we just moved "North" this summer to the Yukon....Whitehorse and I got excited when I read that your husband was fishing in Haines. My husband will be going out there too very soon!

29 September 2010 at 22:38  
Blogger Colleen said...

Hi Johanna! Thank you and how cool! We have Haines Husbands! (sounds like a disease?) I have wanted to go to Whitehorse for some time now. Mark says it is so beautiful. What do you think of it? We live in Yellowknife and it has taken me years to appreciate it. Yellowknife is the reason I started taking photos in the first place because I was having such a hard time being there and I needed to find something to love.
So ... do you have any great salmon recipes for the post-Haines days to come? I'm always scratching my head. :)

30 September 2010 at 00:14  

any questions?

<< Home