The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: down and below from up and away

The Pancake Chronicles

Monday, October 17, 2011

down and below from up and away

© Colleen Hilman
Leaving my town Yellowknife in the Northwest Territories.

DSC00807
Islands strewn into Great Slave Lake, Northwest Territories.

© Colleen Hilman
Over beautiful Edmonton, Alberta.

© Colleen Hilman
Popcorn and a show between Alberta and British Columbia.

© Colleen Hilman
Accordion mountains in British Columbia.

DSC00851
Grizzly's swimming pool north of Vancouver, BC.

DSC00855
Cloud sandwhich, me filling.

DSC00858
Whitehorse!  The Yukon!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Beautiful as always :)

17 October 2011 at 10:21  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the picture of accordion mountains!!!!

And the popcorn clouds! I miss flying amongst the castles in the sky. One of my favorite memories from flying :)

XO Kel

17 October 2011 at 20:38  
Blogger talenawinters said...

Hey--did you go to Breakout West, or was that just amazingly coincidental timing that you were in Whitehorse at the time! (What a round-abouty way. Folks from here had to go the same route, but you still had them beat!)

Ha! My word verification is "knucking!" That sounds like it might be fun to do, if I only knew what it was! :-)

15 November 2011 at 20:35  
Blogger Colleen said...

No! I hadn't even heard of Breakout West, but we were there in September anyway and would've been too early for it.
Knucking. I love it! I'd do it with you! :)

16 November 2011 at 14:05  
Blogger talenawinters said...

I had that thought after I posted that this was likely a post-vacation remembrance. Oh, Well, glad you had fun, and I'm sure September was an even more lovely time to be in Whitehorse!

16 November 2011 at 20:38  

any questions?

<< Home