The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: nowhere fast

The Pancake Chronicles

Friday, November 26, 2010

nowhere fast

© Colleen Hilman
   Words haven't been in me lately but my heart has been light.  It might have something to do with a few games of ping pong last night.  Of which I lost most.  But!  They were close!  Does that count?  I used to play ping pong several times a week.  Surprise!  I'm a geek!  I even had my own paddle that I stored under the front seat of my '94 Tercel just in case.  I know.

© Colleen Hilman
   I never mastered the spin.  The spin scared me.  Scares me, actually.  Slightly unbeknownst to myself I might know how to handle a spin or two when delivered unto me because it involves having to spin back which sometimes I can do but I can't pull a spin out on purpose unless perhaps even more secretly I spin all the time and don't even know it.  I unbeknown it.
   For those of you who haven't a clue of what I'm talking about please rest at ease.  I myself am struggling to keep up.  As for ping pong spins and the dark vortexy world from which they come let us leave them there in the room with the switch off and move into the light.
  Ah yes!  Full circle.  My heart has been light.  Even though the days are dark.  And ping pong may have something to do with it.  That was yesterday.  When I came home I flipped on the TV as I was tidying up only to hear someone say in an interview that playing ping pong was their greatest joy in life.  I'm serious.  What are the odds?

© Colleen Hilman
   I'm not sure where I'm going with any of this.  Does backwards count?

4 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

You make me smile!

26 November 2010 at 08:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like ping pong. But I'm terrible at it and the game usually ends up with me in a fit of hysterical laughter. Maybe that's why I like it.

26 November 2010 at 10:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yay! Ping pong! I love that you are a total geek ;)

And hey? Are those flowers in that vase??

Happy light heart to ou!

XO Kel

27 November 2010 at 13:47  
Blogger Colleen said...

Yes! Flowers! Beautiful and unexpected - the best kind! :)

28 November 2010 at 17:21  

any questions?

<< Home