The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: blank

The Pancake Chronicles

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

blank

© Colleen Hilman
My tree!  He pastes himself onto my wall each morning.  As much as I appreciate this sticker gesture it has put me into a dilemma as to what I can hang over the couch.  I love you, dear Sun, but because of thee my favourite painting cannot go here.  No fading allowed!  I've thought of hanging panes of simple stained glass but ... it needs to be by the window, doesn't it?  If it were against the wall wouldn't it look dark?  Or would it?  I just don't know.  I have vague and beautiful ideas floating about my brain.  If only they would step from out of shadows and reveal themselves plainly.  Bare walls demand it!  I beg your pardon, my bare walls ask very politely, "With a cherry on top if you don't mind, Colleen's Brain, we should like to know what we will be wearing this winter."  Eep!  Such manners.  If only I knew.  Fortitude, walls!  For now, tree stickers will have to do.

5 Comments:

Anonymous susan said...

maybe you could paint some bird and nest silhouettes that look like they are sitting in the tree?? ha! and then on a cloudy day, it would just look like abstract are :) ...or something??

9 November 2010 at 23:47  
Anonymous susan said...

oops... i meant abstract ART...

9 November 2010 at 23:48  
Blogger Michael Wurm Jr said...

stunning photo actually.

you seem like a talented photographer. i'd just print out three 8X10s of something and hang three on the wall.

and if they fade... just get some new ones printed!

10 November 2010 at 08:22  
Blogger Ada said...

Mirror, Mirror, on the wall...

10 November 2010 at 12:21  
Blogger Colleen said...

Susan - hee! this tickled me. And I love that you said "abstract are". It was so very abstract of you. I do appreciate a good irony. :)

Michael - thank you! And it's funny ... I don't have a single photo of my own hanging from the walls - maybe I should begin here ....

Ada! Oh how I love pretty mirrors. LOVE them! And I have one directly across from this wall so ... unless I'm going for a house of mirrors thing. Ha! A mirror over here would be perfect actually, it really would. The only reason I put a mirror on the other side of the wall was that (because of how small our place is and there is not a lot of option as to where our furniture can go) there is almost a solid wall of furniture there and I thought a mirror would be the best thing to break it all up . Big, long, dry explanation but there you have it.

13 November 2010 at 00:33  

any questions?

<< Home