The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: her favourite road

The Pancake Chronicles

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

her favourite road

DSC_0104
A windy, woodsy, tucked-behind-hillsy, lonely, comfort road.  For good cries and bad cries, for quick escapes, losing herself in the leaves and the curves of steering wheel lilts and lulls.  For speeding and not caring, hot tears.  For wandering and wonder and hope and farewells and soon-I-hopes.  For finding lost things.  For private, in-car celebrating, and cogitating chords, spinning words round melodies.  And healing most of all.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to drive this road in the spring or summer. I bet it's gorgeous!

30 March 2011 at 08:49  
Blogger villagegirl said...

It calls to me. I LOVE roads like that. I don't know why but I do.

30 March 2011 at 09:13  
Blogger ellen said...

It is a lovely road indeed. I do sincerely hope that it has gifted you hope and healing, if that is what you needed.

30 March 2011 at 17:08  
Blogger Ada said...

I'm quite certain there is an adventure waiting around that bend. Maybe some kind of spring time delight, holding some unknown epiphany, just waiting...waiting for the traffic to slow to reveal itself.

30 March 2011 at 18:59  
Blogger Scrapnqueen said...

I'm just amazed that there were that many trees standing together to tree in one road up where you live. The original trees must have invited all the trees in NWT to band together--strength in numbers, and all that.

(Kidding!!!!)

3 April 2011 at 20:52  
Blogger Colleen said...

Ha! Well, would it change things wildly for you if I said this road was in the heart of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania? :)

3 April 2011 at 22:42  
Blogger Scrapnqueen said...

Well, it would certainly make a lot more sense!!!

5 April 2011 at 10:25  
Blogger Mindy said...

this is MY road and I love that you posted about it. When I am back in Germany missing my loves, I will come here and remember. Thank you for getting me. I love you, friend.

6 April 2011 at 08:37  

any questions?

<< Home