The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: poem from a New York wood

The Pancake Chronicles

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

poem from a New York wood

© Colleen Hilman
Little cabin in the woods.
Little me by the window stood.
Saw a rabbit hopping by,
Knocking at my door.
"Hi there!"
"Welcome!"
The rabbit grinned.
"You look cozy there within!"
"Hey little rabbit, you are right.
This here place is out of sight.
I could lodge inside for days
Until my brain is fogged in haze.
Surrounded by my favourite cheese,
There's a chance I'll never leave."
"Perhaps you need some help" said he.
I can eat for me times three!
We'll munch all the fromage away
And when it's gone we'll go and play
Upon the hills and in the snow
And hopscotch rocks until we're so
Refreshed from all the springy air.
You'll feel alive again!" said Hare.
"You're my kind of friend" said I.
"Let's do just that."  And we high-fived.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

You are BEAUTIFUL.

9 March 2011 at 20:53  
Anonymous Tiffany said...

High five, Colleen!

9 March 2011 at 21:21  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The beginning of this poem reminds me of a weird little song we used to sing as kids. Your poem is much nicer than the song. :)

11 March 2011 at 09:14  
Blogger Scrapnqueen said...

*Giggle!*

28 March 2011 at 12:56  

any questions?

<< Home