The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: so soon?

The Pancake Chronicles

Monday, March 14, 2011

so soon?

© Colleen Hilman
   Alas! It is my last day in beautiful Pennsylvania. Everything was poking along at an acceptably friendly pace and then one day I rounded a hairpin in the weekend and everything accelerated ridiculously, time whipping by me like hours in a peashooter.  That metaphor is a bit of a stretch, "hours like peas", but that's what you get because that's all I got.  (And no matter how hard I would love to just say "I got" and leave it at that I must tell you how I know it's "I've got" and that I just didn't feel like writing it properly and yet I couldn't not explain it and had to write it anyway.  And if you understood what I just wrote than you know something significant about my brain.  I apologize.)
   Anyhoo!  Today will be spent looping up the loose ends, seeing and doing the things we've left to the last minute, like eating pretzels and searching for buried treasure.  The next time you hear from me I will be home again, snuggled back into big boots, warm sweaters and, most importantly, husband hugs.
   The only good thing about good things coming to an end are the other good things waiting to pick up where the old good things left off.  Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I'm glad you will receive husband hugs soon! I am also glad that I will be able to see and talk to you again soon! Safe travelling dear sister...

14 March 2011 at 11:14  

any questions?

<< Home