The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: waaaah!

The Pancake Chronicles

Friday, June 17, 2011

waaaah!

© Colleen Hilman
   Today I mourned a strawberry, a red-through strawberry, a sweet-through strawberry.  I mourned seeds that would clone it a thousand times over.  I felt sad for cream that wouldn't turn pink from twirling.  I felt mad at mandatory sugar.  I yearned for that strawberry as I stared eyeball to collander-ful of imposters ~ bruised from jostling each other in evil anticipation of their deceipt, crunchy from impatience, bland with apathy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dickie Chick said...

THIS is truly tragic!

17 June 2011 at 18:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it sad what they sell us at the stores :( I often pass over the strawberries knowing that although the are beautifully red, the lack everything that is appealing to me. If only I could share my homegrown ones with you, I would :)

XO Kel

18 June 2011 at 22:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boo to second rate strawberries.

19 June 2011 at 10:01  
Blogger Susan Moorhead said...

my daughter brought home two pints of organic strawberries from whole foods - I had forgotten that strawberries could taste and smell like that, amazing. They few we didn't devour went within two days, they don't last long, but wow, what a difference from the tasteless muck at the grocery store.

20 June 2011 at 08:04  

any questions?

<< Home