The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: random

The Pancake Chronicles

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

random

© Colleen Hilman
I  made rice pudding tonight.  I love rice pudding.  Can I get a witness?  I've been tweaking my ol' standby for some time and this evening was another tweak session.  I love it super creamy and eggy and just a little sweet.  But I've had to say "so long, Bob" to milk and nothing says creamy like, well, cream.  Ah well, change is good and there are some great substitutes out there for milk though I hate to call them substitutes.  It right away puts me to trying to make something taste the same as it tasted before instead of enjoying the new and awesome thing -behold!- in front of me.
   So what does this have to do with a photo of mushrooms on a bed of moss?  Not a thing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love rice pudding! It's one of my fave fall/winter indulgences.

Those are really adorable mushrooms, by the way. :)

1 September 2011 at 00:49  
Blogger Sarah said...

Favourite. entry. ever.

1 September 2011 at 23:12  

any questions?

<< Home