The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: interview with a cranberry

The Pancake Chronicles

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

interview with a cranberry

© Colleen Hilman

© Colleen Hilman
Cranberries!

© Colleen Hilman
This is the day, the very moment, for the best of the wild, wildly lost cranberries.

© Colleen Hilman
Hiding under lichen, alongside bright berry poseurs, in the bracken of gnarly trees, I know they hope to be found.

© Colleen Hilman
(Those tart little things, winking and ducking.)

© Colleen Hilman
They want to be found, I say.

© Colleen Hilman
For all their shyness they're soon chattering non-stop, as most introverts do when alone with you and a cup of coffee.

© Colleen Hilman
At the foot of the jack pine, in the toadstool's shadow we talk and talk.

© Colleen Hilman
And if it weren't for the darkening sky, and the wood rain slipping down my back, the cold of dusk dulling my fingers, we'd still be there, berries prattling on, ...

© Colleen Hilman
... I in bucket rhapsody.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Those are beautiful photos!

14 September 2011 at 08:38  
Blogger Rachel said...

I just love that first picture...LOVE.
Are you will to share it? I'd love to frame it for my home.

14 September 2011 at 14:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dare I say it? I think you've done the impossible with this post. You've helped me embrace the inevitable coming of autumn. Suddenly I find myself being ok with it showing up. Thanks friend! :)

14 September 2011 at 17:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A photo of you! To cheer me when I'm blue and the sky is grey! :)

Glad you found some berry goodness :) Mmmmm Colleen scones :) Maybe I need to make some now!

XO Kel

15 September 2011 at 11:00  
Blogger Nan said...

Some of my favorite photos ever! So clear and crisp. I love cranberries but only ever get them in a store.

20 September 2011 at 11:01  
Blogger talenawinters said...

Looks like you got to continue that conversation at home later! :-D

You and W are so cute!

5 October 2011 at 10:55  

any questions?

<< Home