The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: narrow escape

The Pancake Chronicles

Friday, September 16, 2011

narrow escape

© Colleen Hilman
Yesterday was very windy.  When the gusts subsided in the evening that was my cue to flee our apartment's seasonless walls into the big, fat, sunsetted autumn waiting for me outside.  Armed with rice pudding in one hand, spoon in the other, just a quick circle around the lake.  Greebs frightened out of rushes into flight by my own, beavers diving beneath the cat tails, cyclists and hellos, leashes and dogs passing over the bridge, the rocks - all mixed about with cream and cinnamon and raisins and enough September air in me to last till morning.  Now I can breathe.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds divine! I wish I could join you with a warm mug of Earl Grey :)

Xo Kel

16 September 2011 at 17:17  

any questions?

<< Home