The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: hello, again.

The Pancake Chronicles

Friday, October 14, 2011

hello, again.

© Colleen Hilman
Hello again!  Did you think I was lost forever?  I was only away from it all excepting a home containing one train-absorbed nephew of spectacular adorability, a rainy town in coastal Alaska containing one fish-dreaming husband of striking handsomeness, and a van along the winding Klondike Highway containing one nose-glued-to-the-window me of magnificent wonderment.  In other words, vacation.  Did you know that there are swans in the Wild North of 60?  Swans, I tell you!  It was magical to see them drifiting the grey pools amid the lichen and snowdusted slopes.  It took my breath away. 
   Now, after packing away three Thanksgiving dinners in as many days (yes, three delightful and fat-ifying dinners) I find myself at home, sorting through papers, learning to cook again, and settling into routine.
   I love the away and I love the hello, again.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Susan said...

missed you! glad you're back and rejuvenated after an adventure! :)

14 October 2011 at 00:38  
Blogger Dickie Chick said...

Happy to hear you made it back safely! Loved our visit my friend!!

14 October 2011 at 00:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Welcome home Colleeny! Missed you :)

XO Kel

15 October 2011 at 10:50  

any questions?

<< Home