The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: the sad scoop of the pitiable pumpkin

The Pancake Chronicles

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

the sad scoop of the pitiable pumpkin

© Colleen Hilman
In my little kitchen sits
a pumpkin orange and fair
I bought it just because
I like to see him sitting there

© Colleen Hilman
But as I sit to eat my lunch
Upon my derierre,
The pumpkin takes up so much room
It seems its everywhere!

© Colleen HilmanWhere do I put my plate now that
The table isn't bare?
It's me or him! It's him or me!
I don't know how to share.
(Or to put it more succinctly:
He is getting in my hair.)

© Colleen Hilman“Listen pumpkin, it's been real.
We're cool.” And then I sigh,
“But this place can't hold the both of us,
We'll have to say goodbye.
Yep, my gourd, it's come to this:
I think you must be pie.”

7 Comments:

Blogger villagegirl said...

tee hee! I love your poem.
He really is a lovely pumpkin.

26 October 2011 at 07:56  
Anonymous Susan said...

always love a post that makes me laugh out loud even when i'm all by my lonesome. you are B.R.I.L.L.I.A.N.T.

26 October 2011 at 14:58  
Blogger Rachel said...

Photographs and lighting are superb! As per usual.

26 October 2011 at 19:04  
Blogger Lady Cordelia said...

awesome poem and amazingly wonderful kitchen. truly!
XO
C

28 October 2011 at 15:49  
Anonymous susan said...

Very cute :)

29 October 2011 at 07:54  
Blogger Dickie Chick said...

You are brilliant! :)

30 October 2011 at 15:38  
Blogger talenawinters said...

So great. I laughed out loud.

15 November 2011 at 20:30  

any questions?

<< Home