The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: <em>oui, oui!</em>

The Pancake Chronicles

Monday, November 28, 2011

oui, oui!

© Colleen Hilman
My days have been quiet of late but this week things will be a little different.  Mark and I are heading to Québec City! I've never been there but have heard it is beautiful in every way - the St. Lawrence river, the glorious old Chateau Frontenac, cobblestone streets, and fabulous French food within slurping distance.  I am prepared to dive head first into a plate of crêpes directly upon arrival.  Everything will be profusely decked out for the Christmas holidays.  But best of all we will be seeing Casse-Noisette aka The Nutcracker ballet performed at the Grand-Théâtre de Québec.  I have wanted to see this all my life and have never had the chance.  I cannot WAIT!  (I promise, Mom, I will take you with me in my back pocket.)  I'll be back soon to tell you all about it!

10 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I've always wanted to check out Montreal...you lucky girl!!!

28 November 2011 at 07:50  
Anonymous Susan said...

oh colleen, have a fabulous time! quebec city is beautiful. i've only been there in the summer and can only imagine how lovely it will be covered in snow and christmas light. i so look forward to your pictures!

bon voyage!

28 November 2011 at 12:44  
Blogger Colleen said...

Rachel - I've wanted to see Montreal, too. I have a dear friend who lives there but alas, I won't be able to see her even though I'll be so close!

Susan - Thank you! I will! I told a friend of mine today that I already want to go back even though I haven't been there yet. :)

28 November 2011 at 17:02  
Blogger Dickie Chick said...

Have a fabulous time!!!

28 November 2011 at 17:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will love it! Are you staying at the Chateau?

30 November 2011 at 11:19  
Blogger Nan said...

I've long wanted to visit QC. Now I can via your photos! Please take lots.

30 November 2011 at 13:19  
Blogger Colleen said...

Thank you, everyone! Yes, we're staying at the Chateau. I can't wait to see it!

30 November 2011 at 17:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you lucky lucky girl. I LOVED Quebec City when we were there and I just know that you will too. I can hardly wait for you to get back and share your adventures with us.

1 December 2011 at 11:18  
Blogger Cindy said...

It sounds like a delightful trip, Colleen! Have a wonderful time.

1 December 2011 at 21:22  
Anonymous 1001remedesnaturels said...

What a good think.
Have the best visit you can imagine.
I wish you both : pleasure and pleasure.
Thank you to share with us.
I'm so far away, but it's a dream for me, when I read you.
See (read you) you soon.
Friendly.
Julie (from France, yes the food is good...)

2 December 2011 at 09:08  

any questions?

<< Home