The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: Québec City - day five

The Pancake Chronicles

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Québec City - day five

© Colleen Hilman

© Colleen Hilman
Mark had to work on Monday, our last day full day in Québec.  It stood to reason then that I should have breakfast at the Crêperie in solitaire and write postcards between black coffee and forkfuls of apples and cheese.

© Colleen Hilman
Of course it followed that I should roam the streets of the Old Quarter taking it all in for the last time.

© Colleen Hilman

© Colleen Hilman

© Colleen Hilman

© Colleen Hilman
The rain came and washed the snow away to autumn.

© Colleen Hilman
Protecting the city.

© Colleen Hilman

© Colleen Hilman

© Colleen Hilman
Fairmont le Château Frontenac

© Colleen Hilman

© Colleen Hilman

© Colleen Hilman

© Colleen Hilman

© Colleen Hilman
I happened on a glass shop where I had to resist the desire to purchase the whole of a mini forrest and other non-coniferous items.

© Colleen Hilman
We were told Le Lapin Sauté was the best restaurant in town.

© Colleen Hilman
Stop it with the ridiculous cuteness of this place.

© Colleen Hilman
We began dinner early with the place to ourselves.

© Colleen Hilman

© Colleen Hilman
But it wasn't long before chairs had bums and tables their elbows.  And I concurred with the masses - this was my favourite restaurant, too. 

© Colleen Hilman
Descrumptious apple sugar pie.  Can you see the face?

© Colleen Hilman
Thank you, Québec!  Goodbye, Château!  You were so good to us it hurts.  We miss you and promise to return.  Mwa! x.

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan Moorhead said...

Great photos, makes me want to go there.(went to Quebec in my teens a zillion years ago).

8 January 2012 at 11:05  
Blogger Nan said...

I don't think photos of a place have ever made me ache to see it (live there) as yours, Colleen. Love the pots on the restaurant.

11 January 2012 at 14:18  
Blogger Colleen said...

Thank you, you two. I wanted to go back as soon as I'd left. You would LOVE it, Nan. Unfortunately Blogger (which I love) deleted my other posts on Quebec City. We visited the country side, too, which you could eat with a spoon. So beautiful.

11 January 2012 at 14:44  

any questions?

<< Home