The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: Québec City - day three

The Pancake Chronicles

Monday, December 19, 2011

Québec City - day three

   Saturday was a slower, quieter day for Mark and I.  My camera took a snooze for the most part.  We had breakfast again at le Cochon Dingue and wandered through the streets of the Old Quarter, followed by a quick ferry ride across the St. Lawrence river to the town of Lévis and back again.  

© Colleen Hilman

© Colleen Hilman
Lévis.

© Colleen Hilman
Surprise!  The Château Frontenac.
   The rest of the afternoon and into the early evening was spent at The Musée de la Civilisation taking in tours of Québec's history and the origins of Rome. The artifacts were spectacular and I spent a long time viewing them.  It was hard to believe I wasn't looking at replicas but actual sculptures and art from Italy's ancient past.  The Roman exhibition runs until January 29, 2012 should you be in the area and want to take it in.
   In the evening, after supper in our room, I visited the German Christmas markets - the little stalls selling mulled wine, roasted chestnuts, sausage, stollen, and hot cocoa as well as wooden toys and handmade treasures.  I didn't stop at any of the booths.  My extroverted hat had been put away earlier and I felt no need to put it on again.  But it was wonderful to walk through the crowds of people, listening to choirs sing through speakers in front of the church, music drifting over me and everyone, twirled the snow and multi-lingual conversation around us.

© Colleen Hilman

0 Comments:

any questions?

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home