The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: The 7-random-(yet-oddly-familiar)-facts-about-myself Même

The Pancake Chronicles

Saturday, May 19, 2007

The 7-random-(yet-oddly-familiar)-facts-about-myself Même

Talena-Bean tagged me ....

1. I love honey. And THE happiest thing I can eat is a piece of toast smothered in butter and honey, topped off with a slice of cheddar. I started doing that when I was a very little girl. No one taught me and most people think it sounds awful but I could probably eat it every day of my life and enjoy it almost more each time.

2. I hate it when I have pancakes and syrup starts sticking my hand to my fork. You probably do, too.

3. I love shadows - aLOT. Especially cloud shadows. I like the idea that no matter how a person is in the dark it's only just because there's something blocking the light.

4. But I hate my lips shadow. (Heh?) Sometimes when I'm talking to someone I'll catch the shadow of my lips moving on the wall out of the corner of my eye and it seriously drives me NUTS. I have to face a different direction or quit talking.

5. On my 23rd birthday I drove a boat through a hurricane for six hours. I never threw up. (I'm proud of myself on both accounts.) Also, I lived to tell about it.

6. I've swum in the Panama Canal. Yes, swum.

7. I made a really tasty hummus the other day. And yummy also. Here's the recipe:
19-oz can drained chickpeas
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 crushed garlic cloves
½ tsp cumin
dash hot pepper sauce
generous pinches salt and pepper

Purée in food processor or blender. Breathe on all your friends until they cry for mercy and/or join you in horking it back.
*And if all of this sounds ever so slightly familiar ... I just reread another même I did some time ago and I must have only 12 facts about me in total because I doubled up on 3 of them. Basically my goal is to impress you with the only stuff I've got and then hope you've forgotten it all by the time I'm ready to tell you again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Talena said...

This. is. awesome.

No, actually, you are.

I'm so glad you are consistent. There is something to be said for consistency.

Luv U, honey-bee!

21 May 2007 at 23:20  
Blogger Colleen said...

Aw thanks, T. Consistency is such a nice way of saying "she's a little predictable, isn't she." Ha ha! :D

Love you, 2.

24 May 2007 at 10:21  

any questions?

<< Home