The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: scenes through a car window, bugs included

The Pancake Chronicles

Monday, May 21, 2007

scenes through a car window, bugs included

This is not a scene through a car window.
We met these friendly shadows just outside of Lillooet.
They gladly obliged to their photo being taken but I wondered if they didn't seem a tad shallow.


This is also not a scene through a car window.


But this is.


And this.


Sigh.


Oh, the beauty of it all.


That is not a metorite about to hit Mt. Robson.


Those are not metorites plummeting towards the northly earth.
But the sun twinkling through the crack in our windshield is a thing of beauty, no?


Alexander Falls.
It was freezing. And grey. See hood and jackets for proof.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures, Colleen.

It snowed in Calgary today:(

21 May 2007 at 21:39  
Blogger Talena said...

I love your pictures from a window that aren't, and also your pictures of the window! Yikes! I do NOT envy you your bugs!

Flight of the Concords is da Bomb! If they are ever in Alberta, I am so going to the concert!

21 May 2007 at 23:24  
Blogger villagegirl said...

Such beautiful pictures! I'm sure they don't even compare to the real life view. I love a good road trip. I never tire of such gorgeous scenery.

22 May 2007 at 09:08  
Blogger Monika said...

Beautiful pictures, Colleen! ♥

22 May 2007 at 13:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pictures...all of them! I hate it when my own windshield looks like that though. :)

22 May 2007 at 17:36  
Blogger The Lang 6 said...

Dang girl, you make me laugh!!
-Dan

24 May 2007 at 00:26  
Blogger Colleen said...

Cheryl - 1) Thank you and 2) Poo!

Talena - Yes, Flight of the Conchords are funeee. HBO is creating a sitcom with them. I think it's coming out shortly .... :D

Jillian - beauty is endlessly good for the soul, isn't it?

Moni - thanks man!

Sonya - a windshield like that reminds one of the fragility of life ... well that and look both ways before you fly out into the middle of the highway.

L1 - Oh no! Don't tell me that ... I'll start cracking bad jokes and juggling things and then I'll never stop.

24 May 2007 at 10:18  
Blogger emilyruth said...

oh, i love that shadow picture...
looks like such a fun trip...
i have travel envy
:)

29 May 2007 at 08:05  
Blogger Colleen said...

Emily Ruth - I love shadows. They are fun and sad all rolled into one. This was clearly a fun shadow but perhaps sad for the gravel whose direct path to sunlight had been momentarily interrupted.
May you find an adventure soon. :)

2 June 2007 at 13:07  

any questions?

<< Home